Sunday 11 March 2007

Comic Relief does Fame Academy


When Fr Simon suggested giving up TV for a day for Lent, you may have all sat and nodded approvingly but I just thought "Nah!!". I actually watch very little TV and wouldn't miss it if it weren't there. So, with a clear conscience I have been watching the recent series of Fame Academy for Comic Relief. I wonder why the likes of Shaun Williamson (formerly Barry from Eastenders) is taking part. He has a good voice and has probably done a bit of cabaret in the past. Have you seen local lad, Ray Stubbs, perform? Sports commentator Ray is, I am told, a former resident of Ridgewood Drive in Pensby. He is clearly in it for a laugh but has been fairly entertaining in the process. He always has a slightly manic and dangerous look in his eye. I would perhaps like to see 'It girl' (no, it's nothing to do with computers!) Tara Palmer-Tomkinson do well. I get the impression that she has a fundamental honesty and vulnerable childlike quality. She puts me very much in mind of people like Marianne Faithful and perhaps even Edith Piaf - a chequered past but also an inner strength.

No comments: