Tuesday 9 January 2007

Testing one, two, one, two...

Is there really any point to this? I don't know, really. We won't be going live properly until the new style website is launched - but since that is being done using CSS and I haven't got the book on how to do that yet, it could be a while!

Celebrity Big Brother has started again, I see. Does anybody know who any of the so-called celebrities are? I'm not going to take any moral high ground over anyone - I have found myself sucked into this quicksand TV on many occasions. In fact I like to watch things like that, as much as anything to take a stand against the many irritating people around who take delight in smugly passing judgement on the rest of us poor feeble-minded individuals. No, what I object to is no-mark models/actors/boy or girl band members, who clearly have no claim to fame, passing themselves off as celebrities. Surely this is in breach of the Trade Descriptions Act (does that still exist?) So I will not be watching.

I did, however, watch Just the Two of Us (professional singer duets with "celebrity"). To be fair I struggled with some of the celebrities on that too (am I just getting old?), but I was entertained by it and enjoyed singing along with some classic songs. I love listening to panel judge Stuart Copland - he has perfected the art of the back-handed compliment but does it all in a kindly way ( re. a raunchy rock and roll number in which the vocals may have lacked some necessary oomph - "I kinda like the camp version"). I'm so glad that Brendan the arrogant/bratty ballroom dancer didn't win - I love Beverly Knight but he got right up my nose! I know Denis Waterman's daughter didn't have much of a voice but she came across as a lovely, bubbly person who was just having great fun. And hasn't Marti Pellow matured nicely.....?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't watched Just the Two of Us since I was home. Glad Brendan didn't win, though. He seemed a bit arrogant like it is a potential career move or something.